During 2020-2021 winter break
- Reading papers.
- Playing with p5js to build web-base math graph sonification app.
Feb 1, 2021
- Class started.
Feb 3, 2021
- Made this process blog.
- Got an IRB approval for modification.
- Started recruiting interview participants - people who are blind, teachers, accessibility services at universies, sonification software providers.
Feb 4, 2021
- Updated sonification prototype and publish it on my GitHub Pages.
- Setting interview schedules.
- Read some papers
Feb 5, Friday, 2021
- Conducted two interviews. My first two interviews for the thesis research ever. It was really fun and learned a lot. I will need to reflect my findings next week.
- Keep setting interview schedules.
- Bought a sketchbook :-)
- Keep editing sonification prototype.
- Added a moving dot according to the sonification.
Feb 6-12, 2021
- Had one quick email interaction with a sonification professional. It was a short exchange but learned a lot!
- Did reflection of two video chat interviews and an email interview.
- Keep setting more interview schedules. There are four more on the schedule.
- I have a feeling that I really need to narrow down one specific thing to focus with sonification, which would be the concept of limit and/or continuity in Calculus. I have to try to start from very minimal. Need to be very selective and prioritize which features to imprement for my sonification.